Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting into the Christmas Spirit with the wonderful gingerbread smell!!



Like I said before whats not to Love about Christmas? Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I just love the gatherings and the homemade gift giving! All year I'm wondering what I may come up with for gifts because I'm a homemade gift making freak. Its good to receive store bought gifts but to me its Extra special to receive something that's homemade. Soooo I started out with gingerbread cookies and the smell drives me crazy. And to begin with here is my recipe:
Gingerbread Cookies 

  • 1/2 cup Butter (unsalted)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 -3 cups of All Purpose Flour ( decide when adding depending if it looks dry)
  • 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp ginger spice
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon 
  • 1/2 tsp ground clove 
  • 1/8 ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup honey 
Instructions:
Beat together butter and sugar until well mixed then add egg and honey. In a separate bowl mix all other ingredients and slowly add to the butter and sugar mixture. Once the mixture forms a ball remove from the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
When the dough is cool I roll it out into a 1/4"to1/2'and using my cookie cutter I make the desire shape and place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10mins at 350F.



 Once the cookies are baked and cooled you may decorate them with royal icing recipe in my earlier posts.
Well hope you be having lots of fun making and eating these great tasting and smelling cookies! Oh and sorry about not adding finished photo, blog is not letting me post the rest, but will be adding them to facebook, soooo visit me there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment